Capital Metal Detecting Club (CMDC)is a club devoted to the hobby of metal detecting for coins and other historical or
We are also committed to abide by our mission -- a code of conduct and ethics which is detailed below.
are located in Canada's National Capital Region of Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. This is notably the Ottawa, Ontario,
and Gatineau, Quebec area. We also have members from other regions of North America and other countries around the world.
The annual membership fee is $5 Canadian payable to our Treasurer who is listed below.
We enjoy a breakfast
meeting on the second Sunday of every month -- at 8 a.m. in the summer and at 9 a.m. in the winter. Currently we are meeting
at Nate's Deli, on Wellington opposite the Bytown Movie Theatre and just west of King Edward.
Throughout the year we
enjoy group hunts and competitve hunts.
To contact us, e-mail to:
CMDC's Metal Detecting Code of Ethics is as follows:
· To respect private property and undertake no detecting without
the owner's permission
· To not tamper with or destroy property, buildings or remains of ghost towns or deserted structures
· To leave gates as found
· To not contaminate wells, creeks or other water sources
· To fill in all excavations,
including beaches and in water
· To not tamper with signs, maintenance facilities or equipment
· To appreciate and protect
our historical, cultural and natural heritage including natural resources, wildlife and private property
· To demonstrate
thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times
· To protect our metal detecting hobby and act as a goodwill ambassador
at all times
· Before detecting on public sites to always check laws, ordinances or regulations that may govern such areas
never trespass, always obtain permission
· To never leave open holes
· To report the discovery of items of significant
historical value to a local historian or museum in accordance with the most current legislation
· To mark and report to
authorities any discovery of live ammunition or lethal objects